Companies Act Authority
The Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC) has, accredited SAIBA as a professional body for business rescue practitioners in terms of Section 138(1) of the Companies Act, 2008.
Business rescue, as defined by the Companies Act 2008, aims to facilitate the rehabilitation of a company that is "financially distressed" by providing for: the temporary supervision of the company and management of its affairs, business and property by a business rescue practitioner, a temporary moratorium ("stay") on the rights of claimants against the company or in respect of property in its possession and the development and implementation (if approved) of a business rescue plan to rescue the company by restructuring its business, property, debt, affairs, other liabilities and equity.
Chapter 6 of the Companies Act, 2008 requires that SAIBA establish and maintain proper mechanisms to ensure that its members achieve professional competence with regard to Business Rescue. This is achieved by providing recognition for prior experience and knowledge.
SAIBA are obligated by the Companies Act, 2008 to ensure that SAIBA members that provide business rescue services to clients, are:
- competent and able to provide high quality services,
- accountable for the work they perform,
- committed to relevant CPD, and
- aware of their role and responsibility to clients, and society.
Our License for Business Rescue aims to achieve this.
Licensed IFRS for SME Specialist
This license is accredited by SAIBA and authorises the member to perform a specialist service within the standards of engagements as set by SAIBA.
The license is not the equivalent of a designation nor a qualification.
Purpose of the license
This program will teach you how to understand, apply, and explain fundamental concepts and principles of IFRS for SMEs across a broad range of accounting standards.
Whether you are an accountant in commerce or in practice the course will provide guidance, the knowledge and the reassurance to support your employer and its clients.
Licensed IFRS for SME Specialist
Obtain professional recognition for your knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standard for Small and Medium-sized Entities (IFRS for SMEs).
After completing this license the designated member will be:
- Stand out from the crowd and hence be able to attract more clients.
- Be able to accept referrals from other non-specialist accountants and in this way diversify your client composition to include business clients and other accountants.
- Be offered a specialist work at a higher fee than normal accounting work providing a much higher profit margin per hour of service delivered.
The following topics are covered in the license
Study unit 1
- Section 21 Provisions and Contingencies
Study unit 2
Study unit 3
Study unit 4
Study unit 5
- Section 11 Basic Financial Instruments
Study unit 6
- Section 12 Other Financial Instrument Issues & Section 22 Liabilities and Equity
Study unit 7
- Section 28 Employee Benefits & Section 26 Share-based Payment
Study unit 8
- Section 19 Business Combinations and Goodwill
Study unit 9
- Section 27 Impairment of Assets
Study unit 10
- IFRS for SME A guided tour through the Illustrative Financial Statements
Why a licence for IFRS for SMEs
The IFRS for SMEs course and license gives participants the skills to compete effectively in today’s global business environment. A grounding in IFRS for SMEs will distinguish participants from other accounting and finance professionals and expand their career opportunities.
If you want to prepare quality financial statements you have to be licensed
The License for IFRS for SMEs Specialists is a professional license that is awarded to:
- members of SAIBA, that have
- obtained the BAP(SA) designations, and who
- want to prepare high quality IFRS for SMEs based financial statements, and
- have a minimum of 4 years of relevant post-designation experience, and
- who assist with performing audits, and who has exposure or work for public or private multinational organisations; Companies that have adopted IFRS for SMEs; Public practice who serve private, public or international companies with audit, preparation, or advisory service.
Branded, secure, and verifiable digital certificates
- Obtain branded, secure, and verifiable digital certificates and badges.
- Your certificates can't be duplicated or faked.
- With a single click, you and potential clients/employers can verify the achievement is legitimate.
- Social media ready.
- We automatically optimize your certificates and badges to display perfectly on any screen size, so they always look good.